Welcome back to returning pre-vets and welcome to our newcomers! We have some exciting events planned for this semester, but please feel free to email the E-board about any ideas you have! We will add events as we plan/discover them so please check for updates. Also, please email Jose (jro57) if you are not yet receiving emails and would like to be added to the listserv.
The Pre-Veterinary Society is a student-run organization dedicated to offering its members new perspectives on the veterinary profession and advice to optimize chances of gaining admission to veterinary school. The society is an excellent resource for freshmen and sophomores who want a broader perspective on veterinary medicine, and we provide supportive services to junior and seniors that are in the application process.
Spring 2013 Schedule
Wednesday, February 6th - General Body Meeting (Plant Science Auditorium)
Wednesday March 6th - General Body Meeting (Plant Science Auditorium)
Saturday, March 30 - Feline Follies
- Vet School Lobby
- 11:30AM – 4PM
- A free event at the vet school including lectures, SPCA cat adoptions, face painting, and more. Professional portraits of your cat will be available for a small fee.
Saturday, March 30 - Where the Wild Things Are: Swing Dance Fundraiser
- Bear’s Den, Willard Straight Hall
- 7PM – 11PM
- Come learn to swing dance at Willard Straight Hall with a lesson by Cindy Overstreet at 7PM, and a social dance from 8PM to 11PM. The event is free, but all proceeds will be donated to the Wild Things Sanctuary. Victoria Campbell will be speaking briefly about animal rehabilitation.
Wednesday, April 3rd - General Body Meeting (Plant Science Auditorium)
Saturday, April 13 - Open House
- Vet School
- The vet school opens their doors to the public with a large variety of exhibits—raptors, reptiles, horses--as well as admissions sessions by the Dean of Admissions Jennifer Mailey.
Friday & Saturday, April 19 & 20 - Yogurt Crazy Fundraiser for the ASPCA
- at Yogurt Crazy from 11pm to 1am
- Come support the ASPCA by mentioning the Pre-Vet society when you purchase yogurt.
Wednesday, April 24th - General Body Meeting (Plant Science Auditorium)
Saturday & Sunday, April 27 - 28 - Special Species Symposium
- Vet School, Schurman Hall
- All day
- Register to come listen to lectures (open to the public) or participate in wet labs (vet students, vets, and vet staff only) in this weekend event at the Cornell vet school. Tickets available at: cornelltickets.universitytickets.com
Saturday, April 27 - Pedal-for-Pets
- Vet School
- April 27, 2013
- Registration: 9AM Centennial Room
- This event is a fundraiser bike-a-thon hosted by SCAVMA supporting the Cornell Patient Assistance Fund, to help animal owners who cannot afford expensive medical procedures. (PVS will be set up with a table. Details not yet decided.)