Medicinal Plant List
This series of web pages will attempt to answer some basic questions about the safety and efficacy of some medicinal plants. More plants will be added as information is available. Please read the introduction before reading about the plants.
- Buddleja americana
- Carica papaya
- Cecropia spp.
- Chenopodium ambrosioides L. (Wormseed)
- Eucalyptus spp.
- Gelsemium sempervirens (Yellow Jasmine)
- Gliricidia sepium
- Hyptis verticillata
- *NEW Melinis minutiflora (Molasses grass)
- Mentha x piperita L. (Peppermint)
- Ocimum basilicum L. and O. americanum (Basil)
- *NEW Petiveria alliacea
- *NEW Portulaca oleracea (Purslane)
- Rheum palmatum and Rheum rhabarbarum (Rhubarb)
- Symphytum officinale (Comfrey)
When reading about the plants please remember that:
- 1. There is incomplete toxicity information on most of these plants;
- 2. There is incomplete efficacy information on most of these plants; and
- 3. The toxic dose and potentially effective dose could be very close.